International Secondary School
A Message from the Head of Secondary
We inspire students to be agile, adaptable leaders and learners, ready to excel at university and beyond.
Our Secondary campus in Star Street, a short walk from the Primary site, is a day school where students on the MYP and International Baccalaureate DP undertake their academic studies.
Working in Partnership – Growing Together
We believe students can achieve their best work when they are secure in the knowledge that their parents, guardians and teachers share similar expectations regarding their progress.
Getting parents and guardians involved is a guiding principle. Formal parent/student/teacher conferences take place three times each year, with further meetings always available by appointment. And parents and guardians are always welcome to lend support for meetings, trips and social events!
With the involvement of parents and guardians, we aim to:
- Encourage students to gain knowledge and understanding, to do their best and to aim for excellence
- Help students to become active members of society, who know their rights and carry out their duties and responsibilities
- Help students acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life in a fast-changing technological world
- Assist students with their relationships with each other and their environment through music, visual art and other creative areas
- Encourage students' talents, interests and gifts and help them to achieve at their highest level
- Encourage students to be sensitive to one another, to respect the environment and the natural world
- Encourage students to be independent and self-motivated learners, developing self-discipline, self-respect, self-confidence and resilience